Time it takes to start working: The pill starts reacting immediately once it is consumed
- The active chemical of Finpecia i.e. Finasteride acts as an inhibitor of alpha-5 reductase enzyme, which causes the production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
- The excessively produced DHT is changed to the hair follicles, where it suppresses the hair growth by restricting the vital nutrient supply to the hair. This weakens the hair and it starts thinning which ultimately causes it to break during drying or combing. This is where Finpecia plays an essential role by restricting the production of DHT from the testosterone.
- This process boosts the testosterone in men, which results in the regrowth of hair.
- Finpecia initially stops the hair fall and eventually promotes hair growth.
- Using this medication for at least 6 months can make hair growth possible in the bald areas. The suggested dosage is 1mg in a day.