- Sildenafil citrate tablets are available as 25mg, 50mg and 100mg tablets and sold commonly as 100mg tablets to be taken once a day.
- This tablet is to be swallowed as whole with a glass of water.
- Do not crush, chew, or break during the ingestion of the tablet.
- A 24-hour gap between two doses should be maintained and is a must in order to avoid undesirable side effects.
Before taking Sildenafil citrateOne should keep in mind that drugs containing nitrates like those that are used for the treatment of angina or chest or those that are used as recreational drugs called as poppers should not be used concomitantly with Generic Viagra as this can lead to a severe drop in the blood pressure. Be assured that Sildenafil citrate is safe for your consumption and for this your doctor should be informed in case you have-
- Cardiac disease like high blood pressure, Ischemic heart disease, cardiomyopathy, pericardial disease, and valvular heart disease, Coronary artery disease, heart attack or congestive heart failure.
- Liver or kidney disease or failure
- Blood sickness like sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia
- Bleeding disorder like hemophilia
- Stomach ulcers
- Retinitis pigmentosa (a genetic disorder of the eye)
- Penile aberrations (like Peyronie's disease)
- Been told by the doctor not to have sexual intercourse for health reasons.
Use with Food
Sildenafil citrate can be consumed with or without food.
Dosage Adjustments in Specific Situations
Not to be taken with nitrates or NO donors.
initial dose of 25 mg should be taken when co-administered with an alpha-blocker
Sildenafil Citrate Dosage Adjustments in Special Populations
In patients more than 65 years, patients with hepatic damage (e.g., cirrhosis), and patients with severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance <30 mL/minute), a reduced dose can be employed by the doctor and he can start with a dose of 25 mg in this case.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Since sildenafil citrate needs to be taken as required. There are less probabilities that one can miss the dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Overdosing symptoms are prolonged erections called priapism, nausea, chest pains and irregular heartbeat. In case of unintentional or deliberate overdose, rush to a physician directly.
How to store Sildenafil citrate?
Store sildenafil tablet in the cool and dry place away from excess heat and moisture.
Getting best from the treatment
- In order to gain the best from sildenafil citrate tablets, it is necessary that men should be thoroughly sexually stimulated.
- Alcohol consumption and high fat food can delay the action of sildenafil and hence needs to be avoided along with this medication.
- Consumption of grapefruit juice or its products can also lead to delay in the action of Sildenafil citrate.
- Do not take sildenafil if you are on other therapies for treatment of ED or on other PDE-5 inhibitors