Arthritis is defined an inflammation of joints which causes pain, swelling and stiffness. This can occur due to infection, trauma, degenerative changes and metabolic disturbances.
This disease can hinder daily activity, making them a painful task. The patients experience pain and stiffness while walking, rising up from sitting position, typing, throwing a ball or turning a key. For many, this spells a professional doom, as surgeons, artists and craftsmen are not able to perform delicate tasks and may experience a professional downfall. There are various cures that are available for this disease. By combining medical cure with a healthy diet, one can speed up the recovery process. The ideal diet for arthritic patient is
- Decreased fat intake- People who are overweight tend to put extra weight on the knee, hips, ankles, feet and spine. Due to this all the symptoms aggravate and healing process gets delayed. Hence, it’s important to cut fats in the diet and control weight. People with controlled weight have reported 20 % faster.
- Lemon- Mix two teaspoons of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey in a cup of warm water and have it on an empty stomach. This helps to cure arthritis and is also helpful in loosing weight. Take this twice a day.
- Egg plant- This is extremely useful for people who are suffering from acute pain. Take two egg plants and bake them. Mash this and fry it in two tablespoons of castor oil. Add spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic and salt while frying. Have this as part of your meal, daily for three months.
- Turmeric powder- Take half a tea spoon of turmeric powder with warm water on an empty stomach. This should be taken twice daily.
- Garlic- Fry a clove of garlic in ghee or castor oil. Chew it a little and have it with water. Having this twice daily for two or three months is highly beneficial
- Vegetable juices- Having fresh vegetable juices is highly beneficial. An arthritic patient should have this at least once, daily. The best ones are carrot juice, beet root juice, cucumber juice and bottle gourd juice.
- Soups- Home made soups are also recommended. They not only cure arthritis, but also help to keep the digestive system healthy.
- Coconut water and coconut milk can also be consumed thrice in a week.
- Include squash, zucchini and pumpkin in the form of cooked vegetables in the daily diet.
- Add spice like cumin, coriander, ginger, asafetida, garlic, fennel and turmeric in the daily recipes.
- Include green salad with lemon juice and little salt in daily diet
Inclusion of certain food products aggravates the symptoms and delays the healing process. Hence, the patient should not have
- Hot and spicy food
- Fried food
- Vegetable like cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, broccoli, okra and potatoes.
- beverages like tea, coffee, cocoa and chocolate
- alcohol and nicotine
- Antibiotics, painkillers, steroids and nicotine
- Sleep during the day
- Sleep late in the night
- Avoid mental worries and tension