We all tend to be lousy, irritated, frustrated and grumpy. All this in the end can make a person really unhappy. However, happiness is never too far behind. Try these simple things:
- Step 1- When at work, take a 4 minute break and concentrate on your breathing. This is suppose to have some brilliant results and is said to be as effective as a 15- minute blocks of progressive muscle relaxation.
- Step 2- Find a few agony aunts- This is brilliant as complaining and cribbing to the same person can make you look like a chronic cribber. Before you start to let off the steam, let the person know that you want to talk just to get a few things off your chest.
- Step 3- Channelize the aggression. This means that you need to complain in a constructive fashion. Also, the anger can help to plan and strategies.
- Step 4- Work out- as exercises help to release endorphins, which are also called as ‘happy hormones’. They are the same hormones that are produced when the person is in an excited state due to sex or on receiving happy news.
- Step 5- Laugh hard- laughing is believed to keep you healthy, perks your mood and makes you feel optimistic. So when you are low, meet a friend who has a funny bone and laugh your head off. Besides, it is said to boost your immunity and keep you healthy.
- Step 6- Smile – no matter how bad the situation, smiling can help set a lot of things right.
- Step 7- Dress up- dressing up and looking good can do wonders for your mood. So if you want to be in a good mood, dress up and move out to be with friends.
- Step 8- Do what you love doing- if you are a music fan, take out your best collection and start listening to music or if you love painting, get the brush out and paint. These things always give you a renewed high.