Losing weight from any part of the body is not an easy task. It is difficult and frustrating, more so when you are trying to lose weight from trouble spots like the thighs and hips. It is like going mad trying to perform hours of exercise for these parts of the body and then not seeing results at times. For women, losing weight on the hips and thighs is like a dream come true. This same issue has intrigued most weight loss physicians since many methods that are used often don’t show results in these problem areas.
Many people opt for spot reduction in the form of gels, mechanical gadgets, soaps etc. The gels and soaps are the most non-result oriented while the mechanical devices prove to be more fruitful though not much, so the eternal question is what really works on those bulky hips and thighs?
To lose weight and inches from your hips and thighs, you will need to attack the issue on two fronts: it should be combination of exercise and diet. There are different mode of exercises that work for different people which have proven benefits, they are:
Reduce or cut fat intake
- Switch to olive oil or vegetable oil and cut out the consumption of butter, ghee, cheese, milk and whole milk curd. Check the amount of oil and fat in your diet every single meal.
- Avoid eating too much paneer or cottage cheese. Avoid fried stuff like chips, fries, paratha, samosa, fried rice and fried foods.
- Opt for fruits for breakfast or a vegetable stuffed toast. Toasted garlic bread with olive oil is also a healthy option.
- Go high on the fiber in your diet for eating fruits with skin, multigrain flour, soy etc.
- For people who love to non-vegetarian food, eat fish 4 times a week and chicken can also be consumed twice a week but go easy on the red meat.
- Dinners should always be light and add 2 teaspoons of triphala (an ayurvedic herbal remedy) to detoxify the body. Combine it with ginger water for good liver function which will help in fat breakdown process.
Cut intake of carbohydrates
- Change the quantity of carbohydrates and proteins in your diet to eat less carbs and more proteins.
- Excess carbs add to the fat on hips and thighs so it is best to limit the intake of pasta, rice, potato and bread.
- Eat more of wheat flour bread. Soya or multi-grain bread.
- Non-vegetarians can consume all varieties of foods like fish and chicken and avoid the red meats.
- Eat vegetables liberally and in plenty in the form of raw salad, soups or cooked vegetables. This helps to maintain the acid-alkali balance of protein diets.
- Avoid fruit juices, this contains sugar; eat the whole fruit with the skin to consume fiber.
- Drink plenty of water all through the day.
- All exercises do not necessarily help you lose weight on the hips and thighs. The stationery cycle and cross trainer helps you to tighten the muscles around the hips and thighs.
- Brisk walking 4 kilometers per day will help you to lose weight from the hips and thighs. Walk as much as you can without feeling uncomfortable and tired.
- For those of you who already walk and not getting the adequate results need to check up on your diet and increase your walking distance to another 3-4 kilometers. If you are bored, alternate the walking with swimming or calisthenics (calisthenics are floor exercises which stretches and tones the body muscles)
The combination of all three methods is very beneficial. You can tailor it to your needs by gradually lowering intake and increasing exercise. You will be more comfortable with time and habit. Make the effort and you will see the results soon. You can lose fat from your thighs and hips and look absolutely fabulous simultaneously, you just need to start. Finally set a goal for yourself, make sure you are realistic and give it time. It is bound to work!